Arthas Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the online home of Arthas Requiem

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thany

Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted]   Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Character.

Name: Thany
Class: Shaman
Spec: Restoration 0/17/54
Armory Link: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&n=Thany
Rp(roleplaying): Not alien to some RP at times (will always respect server RP policy in /say at any times)

Personal.

Name: Erik
Playtime (when can you raid): 2-3 days a week, but no fixed days - some weeks I can raid more and some less.
Reason to join: Saw the "ad" in the DB forums, where you were looking for casual raiders. Got limited raiding experience, but already done some Naxx10 and OS10 pugs. Gotten a taste for more, but I don't want to join a hardcore PvE guild where you're expected to put in 5 hours 5 times a week raiding - I do have a social life as well! Wink So Arthas Requiem seems to be the kind of guild I'm looking for: casual raiding with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
A little about yourself: A bit of a casual player, that has been around since vanilla. Raiding back then was a bit too hardcore for me, and stuck with a small social RP-light guild (consisting mostly of IRL friends). Most of them have now quit playing WoW, and I've gotten some taste for casual raiding after pugging 10-mans. Joined a guild that seemed to be starting raiding, but it has just gradually dissolved/died. So I'm on the lookout for a new one.
Back to top Go down
Pentagram

Pentagram

PostSubject: Re: Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted]   Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Greetings Erik and thanx for your application,

I can see that you have a very nice pre - raid gear although you're missing some enchants and upgrades.

I also have a question as why did you used 1 point in Shamanistic Focus? wouldn't be more efficient in Healing Focus?

If we take as granted that you won't be a mainhealer, the more viable spec for Restoration Shammies is:

Ancestral Healing 1/3
Healing Focus 3/3

Ofc keep in mind that this is a Raiding Spec 'cause in 5man grps maybe Ancestral Healing is more efficient.

In conclusion I liked your application and you will have news from me soon..
Back to top Go down
thany

PostSubject: Re: Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted]   Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Thanks for your quick and nice review! Smile

And you're completely right; Shamanistic Focus is certainly not a talent for healing. But since I'm mostly been doing heroics and solo dailies / questing, it's quite a nice talent to have for the latter (at the cost of only 1 point). But it has zero value for a healer in instances. Healing Focus is as such a better alternative, but still I would not rate it must-have by any means - at least from what I know of the raid encounters (are there any that you have to expect repeated spell pushbacks?): it's circumstantial and mabye nice-to-have, but not something you should rely on having.

But I have no problems reallocating, by no means. Starting raiding on a more permanent basis is just the excuse I need for doing that Wink I usually have no mana problems when solo questing anyway.
Back to top Go down
Pentagram

Pentagram

PostSubject: Re: Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted]   Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:21 pm

Your application is accepted, you will be tested as trial for a fair amount of time.

Welcome on board!
Back to top Go down
Angel

Angel

PostSubject: Re: Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted]   Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:27 pm

Hello Thany and Welcome to Arthas Requiem.

Wisper me or one of Cromfu-Rajana-Schelm Officers in game for an invite. Work ur way to get ur gear enchanted though asap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted]   Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resto Shaman - Thany [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1